The continuum...

Within a few months, this website will be run by Doctor Stephanie Chasles. In the meantime, what I lack in pedigree, I make up for with research, dedication, experience and passion. If I can assist you in any other way, please don't hesitate to email me at coachchasles@gmail.com

If you want to know more about me, personally, non-diet related, you can visit my new blog for the continuum of my chaotic life by clicking the link... Random Chaos....

Friday, April 11, 2014

Feeling grateful

Well, we've gotten through my birthday. Which, by the way, ended up actually being nice this year. Jonathon & the girls spoiled me with gifts & made the day special for me. Then, Madi's actual birthday was nice... busy because of the unexpected visit of Peyton& Sully but nice nonetheless. I, of course, spoiled her with gifts & that always feels great. However, what I'm really feeling grateful for is her birthday party.

It's so easy to feel grateful this time of the year because less than 5 years ago, I was very sick. I was so sick that I spent weeks at a time in the hospital & was even in the icu after having surgery on the day of Madi's 'best birthday party ever'. I, did, however plan this party. I invited all of her friends very secretive. Planned exactly how she would be taken to the park with her best friend while her entire class snuck over to the party after school. I made it all prefect & then ended up having emergency surgery & missing the whole thing.

While it was all very sad, it makes it really easy to feel grateful on the day off Madi's birthday party every year since, along with every day...really.

Thank you God for my continued health. It may not be perfect. I may have my limitations, but today... I will attend my daughter's birthday party & for that, I am so grateful. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment