The continuum...

Within a few months, this website will be run by Doctor Stephanie Chasles. In the meantime, what I lack in pedigree, I make up for with research, dedication, experience and passion. If I can assist you in any other way, please don't hesitate to email me at coachchasles@gmail.com

If you want to know more about me, personally, non-diet related, you can visit my new blog for the continuum of my chaotic life by clicking the link... Random Chaos....

Friday, August 15, 2014

DAY 19~ Acceptance

DAY 19 ~ THE POWER OF ACCEPTANCE



Today's Mission:

The Power of Acceptance

I choose to write this 21 Day Challenge as a live course in which I would embark along with you. This means that although, I had a few notes written about the goals of each day, each post, in its entirety, is written each day. I did this knowing that my health is seldom perfect for 21 days in a row.

Today, for instance, I am not feeling great. However, I accept this about myself. I know there are certain days that I don't wake up until dinner time. I don't let my need for rest, interfere with my goals to be healthy and share that wealth of knowledge with you. Acceptance was not easy, but necessary.

Acceptance provides the foundation for constructing the life of our desire. Acceptance calls upon us to give up our opinions and struggles and to simply surrender to our lives as they are. We bring acceptance to every experience from the past, every circumstance as it is right now and whatever the future may bring.

Acceptance allows us to make peace with the ebb and flow of life, the ups, the downs, the challenges and inherent ambiguities. Through it, we can exchange the pain of experiences for the wisdom and opportunities they have to offer. With acceptance, we can focus on the job of nurturing our flames and living an inspired life, providing support and inspiration to others and allowing the divine will to manifest through us.




Today's Health Tip

SuperFood # 3... HONEY

Honey's Health Benefits:

1Prevent cancer and heart disease:
Honey contains flavonoids, antioxidants which help reduce the risk of some cancers and heart disease.

2. Reduce ulcers and other gastrointestinal disorders.
Recent research shows that honey treatment may help disorders such as ulcers and bacterial gastroenteritis. This may be related to the 3rd benefit…

3. Anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, anti-fungal:
“All honey is antibacterial, because the bees add an enzyme that makes hydrogen peroxide,” said Peter Molan, director of the Honey Research Unit at the University of Waikato in New Zealand.

4. Increase athletic performance.
Ancient Olympic athletes would eat honey and dried figs to enhance their performance. This has now been verified with modern studies, showing that it is superior in maintaining glycogen levels and improving recovery time than other sweeteners.

5. Reduce cough and throat irritation:
Honey helps with coughs, particularly buckwheat honey. In a study of 110 children, a single dose of buckwheat honey was just as effective as a single dose of dextromethorphan in relieving nocturnal cough and allowing proper sleep.




Today's Recipe

Greek Yogurt topped with Honey

Simple, self explanatory even, and absolutely Delicious!!

Craving Ice Cream?? Perhaps instead, try this delicious and satisfying treat. 86 tolal calories and loaded with all the benefits listed above, plus loaded with 10g of fat-burning protein from the yogurt!!

 Yes, I think I'll take one.... mmm.. two please =)

Today's Yoga Tip:

BIKINI BODY TIME

By popular demand, I've found a new yoga video, sorry Sadie... we still love you, we just need some focus on those areas we wish to show at the beach. So, here ya go... enjoy!!





TODAY'S POSITIVE AFFIRMATION

"Today I accept the things I cannot change"


My apologies for its lateness, here is your Day 19
Good Luck, 
Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment