The continuum...

Within a few months, this website will be run by Doctor Stephanie Chasles. In the meantime, what I lack in pedigree, I make up for with research, dedication, experience and passion. If I can assist you in any other way, please don't hesitate to email me at coachchasles@gmail.com

If you want to know more about me, personally, non-diet related, you can visit my new blog for the continuum of my chaotic life by clicking the link... Random Chaos....

Monday, May 19, 2014

Happy Monday

Well, I didn't get up at 4am as I planned but I made up for the lost time by hustling at 6am as soon as Jonathon brought me coffee. In the past 3 hours, I've ran a quick mile, showered, started the laundry, started the chicken broth for dinner tonight, got Briley down for her morning nap, and then mopped the kitchen floor. I read somewhere once, that cleaning the floors is symbolic for cleaning the foundation of your home.. therefore it is a great way to start your day.. by cleaning the foundation of your home, you are cleansing the foundation of your day/life. I'm not sure the truth to this new-age symbolism. However, on the days when I remember to start my day by either mopping, sweeping or vacuuming some part of my home or deck, I do seem to continue with a more productive day. I am sure there are many rationalizations for this coincidence, but in reality... it is whatever you make it to be.

I know cleaning is not a favorite past-time for many people (myself included) However, when I do clean, I try to make the best of it. If it is a day where my energy is already high & I'd rather be anyplace than barefoot in the kitchen with a mop in my hand, then I say a simple meditation in my head. I say, "I'm cleaning the foundation of the kitchen so that the rest of the day, this kitchen can be blessed by organization, healthy meals and a happy family" OR if it is a day when my energy is low and I'm dragging around the mop with puffy eyes, then I put some 90's music on pandora.. crank it up high & turn my mopping into an exercise all on it's own. It's amazing how you can turn any cleaning project into a fun dancing workout. I may look crazy whilst mopping and singing "baby got back" but who cares?? By the end of chore, I'm scratching it off my To-Do list with a smile on my face and energy to tackle the next item.

Well, it's 9am & I have a few errands to run. I, also, have come up with some great additions to the challenge that I can't wait to share, but I don't have time right now. I just wanted to stop by and say, HI & Happy Monday. I hope your Monday is off to an energetic start & you rested well over the weekend during the "add variety" step... because after we add some variety to our diet and exercise & develop some personal goals to add as well.. .we will be Doubling everything back up in the next step!! Yup, that's right.. another "hardcore" 3 days is on it's way... I hope you're ready!! I know I am =)

No comments:

Post a Comment