The continuum...

Within a few months, this website will be run by Doctor Stephanie Chasles. In the meantime, what I lack in pedigree, I make up for with research, dedication, experience and passion. If I can assist you in any other way, please don't hesitate to email me at coachchasles@gmail.com

If you want to know more about me, personally, non-diet related, you can visit my new blog for the continuum of my chaotic life by clicking the link... Random Chaos....

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Kumquat

If you can look past the crazy name.. this mini orange (that you eat in entirety..yes, Rhine & all) is bittersweet & full of vitamins!! This Challenge has turned me into a grocery store snob. I looked everywhere for these sour energy packed fruits...

I'm sure you can imagine the look on the produce guys face when I asked him for kumquat!! I had to thoroughly explain that I wasn't joking and it was, indeed, a real fruit. Anyway, I finally found them at Wegmans. Hopefully, you find them closer to home than me! I live in wv now & had to do most of my grocery shopping in md to get all the 'good supplements' for my Challenge because, although the customer service in my area is amazingly wonderful: the new age, healthy stuff is limited. Luckily, I live only 20 minutes from Everything else important!

One last side note/warning: Do not let your children (or yourself) try this fruit in the car on the way home from the store. They 1) need to be thoroughly washed to get that chemically fertilizer taste off & 2) need to be left on the counter in the fruit bowl for a few hours b/c they are a little intense when cold & most importantly 3) for little kids, they need to be cut in half because they are super juicy. If you try to bite into them without the entire thing in your mouth, you will violently splash anyone within a 5ft radius with citrus juice... oh, that reminds me.. I've got to go clean my windshield... ;) ok, enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment