The continuum...

Within a few months, this website will be run by Doctor Stephanie Chasles. In the meantime, what I lack in pedigree, I make up for with research, dedication, experience and passion. If I can assist you in any other way, please don't hesitate to email me at coachchasles@gmail.com

If you want to know more about me, personally, non-diet related, you can visit my new blog for the continuum of my chaotic life by clicking the link... Random Chaos....

Saturday, May 10, 2014

Play with your kids!!

Exercising doesn't have to be technical, done at gym or cause you great deals of stress to be successful. As a matter of fact, my favorite form of exercise has always been simple... play with your kids. This is why I was my thinnest when my girls were babies and toddlers. Babies make excellent weights!! Besides, how hard is it to have fun while you are watching your kids laugh?? Not hard at all.. Seeing my children light up has always brought a smile to my face, so when they were young.. I played & played.. just to make them laugh and in turn, had rock arm arm muscles, great abs. However, as they have gotten older, they've become more independent. They began to entertain themselves and in turn, I became lazy.

Well, during this challenge.. I am challenging myself to one of my old favorites.. I am going to play with my kids more! Yesterday, I took a "fun run" with my girls (whom are now 11 & 13 and usually too cool to hang with Mom). We raced, we walked and most fun.. we talked!! At the park, instead of sitting on the bench looking and the never-changing newsfeed of facebook, I actually got on the swings & dared to swing higher and higher with the girls focusing on my ab muscles with each swing. The most fun that we had, however, was when we got home.. I actually jumped on the trampoline. There is no faster way to feel like a kid again then to play like one, if possible with one!!

So, to all my fellow mother's out there, on this very gorgeous and warm Mother's Day weekend.. I urge you to play with your kids!! They will love your for it and you will love your post-play body =)

No comments:

Post a Comment