The continuum...

Within a few months, this website will be run by Doctor Stephanie Chasles. In the meantime, what I lack in pedigree, I make up for with research, dedication, experience and passion. If I can assist you in any other way, please don't hesitate to email me at coachchasles@gmail.com

If you want to know more about me, personally, non-diet related, you can visit my new blog for the continuum of my chaotic life by clicking the link... Random Chaos....

Saturday, June 7, 2014

Create a Transformation Journal


I'm a writer, and I find that myself, and so many of my clients make more powerful, lasting changes when they can see their truth on paper.

I want you to get a journal. It should be inspiring, and something that you feel like writing in. This way you will literally write the book on how and what you need to transform and you can both see the bigger picture as you write it, and refer back to it again and again anytime you need to remind yourself of what your own Core Values and answers are.

Here's your first entry: Remember those old habits, or samskaras, we talked about? In black or blue ink, I want you to write on a piece of paper your Top 3 samskaras, habitual actions you take or ideas you hold about yourself that keep you from reaching your weight loss or happiness goals.

Then, take a red pen or marker, cross out the parts of your story that diminish, demean or block you from success, and re-write them into something that builds you up, makes your goals possible, and are something you can begin to believe instead of the old ways. For example, "I have no willpower and can't seem to lose weight" might become "The skill of willpower is something I'm dedicating to strengthen in myself." Equally as true, but more empowering, giving you the fuel you need to keep a positive outlook and make shift happen.

Rewrite the positive affirmations on a separate sheet of paper. Tack this list up on your fridge or mirror. Put it somewhere you can see it repeatedly throughout the day. Whenever your mind defaults to old ways of thinking, repeat your new truth out loud three times. This is an old mystic trick that will negate the samskara and begin to soften the scars that only you can heal.

No comments:

Post a Comment