The continuum...

Within a few months, this website will be run by Doctor Stephanie Chasles. In the meantime, what I lack in pedigree, I make up for with research, dedication, experience and passion. If I can assist you in any other way, please don't hesitate to email me at coachchasles@gmail.com

If you want to know more about me, personally, non-diet related, you can visit my new blog for the continuum of my chaotic life by clicking the link... Random Chaos....

Sunday, August 25, 2013

Happy Birthday Caitlin Rose

14 years ago, I was 19 years old and very lost. When I found out I was pregnant, I became found instantly! Knowing I was becoming a mother gave my life purpose. The day Caitlin was born, 13 years ago today on August 25, she looked into my eyes with her huge green eyes and saw right through me. I felt like I had known her my whole life and I knew from that moment on, my life would never be the same. I stayed home with her for the 1st 9 months of her life and during that time, rocking her to sleep, I figured out exactly how to become the mother she deserved.

When she was 9 months old, I began taking classes at the community college. Two years later, I was graduating with my AA and giving birth to her little sister (whom she begged me for) and yes.. I did both in the same month!! I was standing on stage, 10 months pregnant giving the graduation speech for the Honors Academy and a week later gave birth to Madi Love. A few short months later, I began working on my BA at UMBC. I graduated 15 months later and began teaching right away. The next 5 years flew by as I continued my own education and moved up the ladder in my teaching career. The girls were going to Holy Redeemer & the years were good but incredibly busy for all 3 of us.

Out of no where, I became sick... really sick. This time in our lives was so incredibly scary and stressful. However, not only was Caitlin Rose my strength when she was born, she was my full fledged Angel during this time as well. She was so strong and mature. She even helped take care of me when the doctor sent me home with a PICC line and IV antibiotics! I think this experience inspired her to go into medicine, so I guess that is the silver lining of that whole crazy ordeal.

The silver lining in my illness, well that's easy. Now, for the first time in my daughter's life since she was 9 months old, I get to be a stay-at-home mom and focus on my girls. It took me a long time to see the plus side of staying home because I was so lost when I had to stop teaching. However, moving to WV and spending the past year focusing on my family and my writing has easily been the best year of my life.

Caitlin Rose, Happy 13th Birthday!! I hope this year is the best year, so far, of your life. I promise to do my best to make sure it is and all I ask in return is your happiness. I love you more than I could ever explain, but I figured I'd try anyway. LOVE YOU SOOOOOO MUCH BABY =)

No comments:

Post a Comment