The continuum...

Within a few months, this website will be run by Doctor Stephanie Chasles. In the meantime, what I lack in pedigree, I make up for with research, dedication, experience and passion. If I can assist you in any other way, please don't hesitate to email me at coachchasles@gmail.com

If you want to know more about me, personally, non-diet related, you can visit my new blog for the continuum of my chaotic life by clicking the link... Random Chaos....

Saturday, August 3, 2013

Macklemore #same love

You know that hilarious new artist that sings the thrift shop song. Well, Jonathon just came home from work excited by the song he heard on the radio. He was determined to find the video on youtube for me because he was sure I would love it. Sometimes that man impresses me in ways I never imagined, because he was 100 percent right. I get depressed when I hear hip hop going down the drain.. rappers with nothing to talk about but the large amounts of money they spend on ridiculous toys. When thrift shop came on the radio, it was as if this guy had read my mind and was mocking everything I hate about lame songs promoting consumerism. Another one of my pet peeves and long standing heart breaks is how unaccepted the gay community is in hip hop. So many hip hop artists are in the closet and therefore feel the need to gay bash to defend themselves against the rumors. In a world where being gay has become increasingly more acceptable, even in the eye of the law, hip hop has still not opened its heart to this community. So, on behalf of all gay supporters in the world, thank you macklemore for once again writing a song that addresses what all intelligent people have been thinking for so long. No one can choose who they love and more importantly NO ONE has the right to tell others who they should or should not love.

"You can't change... even if you want to..." but guess what?? We still ACCEPT YOU!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment