The continuum...

Within a few months, this website will be run by Doctor Stephanie Chasles. In the meantime, what I lack in pedigree, I make up for with research, dedication, experience and passion. If I can assist you in any other way, please don't hesitate to email me at coachchasles@gmail.com

If you want to know more about me, personally, non-diet related, you can visit my new blog for the continuum of my chaotic life by clicking the link... Random Chaos....

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Tomato, mozzarella & basil pasta salad

Noodles
Fresh or store bought pesto
Tomatoes
Fresh mozzarella
Chopped basil leaves

I'm usually a firm believer in eating hot foods hot & cold foods cold. However, this is a pasta you will want to eat cold! Which is the reason I'm calling it pasta salad.

It's a simple enough meal, especially if you are like me and always have some refrigerated cooked pasta ready for whatever.

If not, then start with cooking noodles of your choice. Drain & mix with pesto sauce. Refrigerate/chill for at least 30 minutes. Once the pasta is cold, mix with chopped tomatoes, mozzarella, & fresh basil. Sprinkle with a little salt & garlic to taste & yum...enjoy ;)

1 comment:

  1. PS~ Keeping cold pasta in the fridge is an excellent way to save time in the kitchen and always have a major ingredient ready. Not to mention, if you have kids, it is an super fast and easy lunch or snack ready to go. My girls love regular pasta warmed with butter and even cold pasta mixed with a little Italian salad dressing (what we call plain pasta salad), both of which my girls can make themselves if I'm busy. Just wanted to add that as well... This family eats LOTS of pasta!! ;)

    ReplyDelete