The continuum...

Within a few months, this website will be run by Doctor Stephanie Chasles. In the meantime, what I lack in pedigree, I make up for with research, dedication, experience and passion. If I can assist you in any other way, please don't hesitate to email me at coachchasles@gmail.com

If you want to know more about me, personally, non-diet related, you can visit my new blog for the continuum of my chaotic life by clicking the link... Random Chaos....

Sunday, August 4, 2013

Why I run?

 The answer is simple... because I can!!
4 years ago, I was diagnosed with sickle-beta-thal anemia and after much resistance had to retire from teaching because of the amount of germs in schools and the high pressure of a full-time career (one, mind you, that you cannot half-heart and leave in the building at the end of the day)
Teaching was my passion, my life and I was completely blown aback after I finally complied and tried the whole "stay-at-home" mom thing. I was depressed, bored and overall just felt useless. Add to that, I was turning 30 that year and I decided I had to get out of bed and stop sleeping my troubles away. I began to run, simply because it was the only thing left for me to do that kept me feeling young and alive (aside from my girls of course, but they went to school for 8 hours a day!) So, to sum it all up.. I don't run to stay fit or even to stay healthy (as sometimes I even get myself into trouble running too much especially in extreme weather) I run because I can!! So many people, like me, that are on disability and have a life sentence of illness instead of success physically cannot run.. and I can.. so I do and I will continue to run, as much as possible until the doctors completely forbid it too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment