The continuum...

Within a few months, this website will be run by Doctor Stephanie Chasles. In the meantime, what I lack in pedigree, I make up for with research, dedication, experience and passion. If I can assist you in any other way, please don't hesitate to email me at coachchasles@gmail.com

If you want to know more about me, personally, non-diet related, you can visit my new blog for the continuum of my chaotic life by clicking the link... Random Chaos....

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Ms. Briley

For the past few weeks, I have been doing physical and speech therapy with Ms. Briley. This 3 year old girl (in the pictures above) is so special in so many ways! Not only does she have a super rare, partial chromosome 21 deletion (one of only 3 known patients with this particular deletion) she is one of a kind in so many other ways. She is so sweet, funny, silly, and so well behaved. Not only is she super fun to hang out with because of all of those awesome qualities, she is also super smart as well. We are working hard to help her communicate with others. So, everyone can soon know just how smart she is and we are working hard to help her walk on her own when school starts at the end of this month.

I just wanted to take a minute and introduce you to Ms. Briley because I always have fun stories and pictures when we hang out together that I would love to share, but know needed some context. I think my good friend Anna put it perfectly when she said that Briley and I needed each other!

As many of you know, I was watching my sisters babies full-time this year for 7 months and my sister just recently found day-care closer to home since the baby is getting older now. So, not only am I helping Briley, she is helping me as well.

My friend Sarah said that Briley is lucky to have someone like me (who can intuitively read children's minds & has a lot of patience) but, honestly, I feel like the lucky one when I get to hang out with her. Even when she is not around, I catch myself smiling when I think back to funny & cute things she did when we were working together.

I love you, Ms Briley, and you did wonderful today with your walker (In the pictures above) I know you enjoyed the independence so much and hopefully we'll have you ready for school soon =)

No comments:

Post a Comment